Join Tomorrow's Voices for this special Autism Awareness Month Training Workshop
"The Road To Transitioning To Adulthood - What Parents, Educators, Service Providers and the Community Should Know!"
Featuring International Guest Speaker, Mr Mike Wasmer, Director of State Government Affairs, Autism Speaks.
April 17th, 2019 | 6-8:30pm | $25pp | Location: Bda Chamber of Commerce Meeting Room, 1 Point Pleasant Road, Hamilton - Albouy's Point |
All REGISTERED attendees will receive a Professional Development Certificate
With Autism or any intellectual disability, parents often wonder when should the transition process start to ensure their child or loved one receives the support they need to be successful after the education environment has ended. We hope that you can join us for this workshop with Mike Wasmer as he shares his personal and professional experiences about working to improve transitional services and outcomes for individuals impacted by autism.
Key areas this Workshop will Highlight:
- Mike’s personal experiences as a father of a young adult with autism and the transition to adulthood
- What questions should parents be asking the IEP team as it relates to transition services and supports?
- When should transition planning start?
- Who should be included in the transition process?
- What are the implications of our children reaching the age of majority?
- What are the services and supports that will best prepare students to be successful after high school - in the community; in a job; in post-secondary education.
This informative workshop will provide a wealth of knowledge for parents, educators, service providers, health professionals and the community as we look to support those as they transition to adulthood.